GIVEAWAY: Sugru, the Magical Goo for Hacking Things Better [Closed/Winner Announced]
Giveaway Tuesdays has officially ended! But don't sweat it, WonderHowTo has another World that's taken its place. Every Tuesday, Phone Snap! invites you to show off your cell phone photography skills.
Submit your best shot to our weekly competition for a chance to win an awesome prize. Phoneographers only—both Android and iPhone welcome! Check it out now.
Congrats to April Miller, winner of last week's Giveaway. This week's Giveaway presents another innovative material and begs the same question—What would YOU use it for? Without further adieu, this week's prize, the amazing Sugru:
Sugru is a hybrid Play-Doh/Blu-Tack/Super "Glue" miracle material developed by Jane Ní Dhulchaointigh, a UK-based product designer who hails from Ireland. As displayed in the video above, the patented silicone substance allows users to "hack things better". For the crafty minded, Sugru is incredibly useful. Here's a run-through of its properties:
- Cures at room temperature—users have 30 minutes working time, after which the silicone will harden over the next 24 hours.
- Flexible—When cured, Sugru is actually flexible, rather than rigid. This means you can repair things that require movement, such as textiles, cables or even shoes.
- Self-adhesive–Sugru will stick to many materials: aluminium, steel, ceramics, glass and plastics.
- Waterproof—completely water resistant and durable in the outdoors; clean with soap and water. Dishwasher safe.
- Temperature resistant—Sugru is safe from the elements (within a range of -60 °C to 180 °C). It won't get softer or harder or melt.
2. Leave ONE comment below describing what you would make with the material.
This week we have two Smart Hacks Super Packs to give away. This means we will select two winners with the most creative ideas for application. If you're stumped, checked out the Sugru gallery; there are endless uses, and surely many more!
All entries must be in by Monday, June 6th, 11:59pm PST. Standard rules apply.
WINNERS: Congrats to David Hennigan & Matthew Jennings!