Giveaway Tuesdays has officially ended! But don't sweat it, WonderHowTo has another World that's taken its place. Every Tuesday, Phone Snap! invites you to show off your cell phone photography skills.
Submit your best shot to our weekly competition for a chance to win an awesome prize. Phoneographers only—both Android and iPhone welcome! Check it out now.
As Halloween creeps up on us, this week's Giveaway Tuesdays Photo Challenge is appropriately horror themed. Flickr is full of inspiring, sinister groups, such as Scream Queens, The Freaks, and Horror, to name a few. Below are a few bone chilling photos to give you an idea of what we're looking for...
- Self Portrait of a Slightly Crazed Man by flickr user swampzoid
- Untitled by flickr user piposieske
- Untitled by flickr user urone317
- Dawn of the Dead VIII by flickr user Lady Nimuë of the Lake
- Gnarl by flickr user Wowsaruss
- Blurred by flickr user darkartsphotography
Remember: Horror doesn't necessarily mean blood and gore—there are all sorts of ways to incite the macabre. In addition to the photos above, here are a few quick ideas to inspire your entry:
- Scream into the camera.
- Creep up on somebody from behind.
- Make a spooky face.
- Play with lighting, shadows and shapes to create something oblique and eerie.
- Play with makeup and masks.
- Show off your creepy Halloween costume.
- Explore abandoned buildings and tunnels.
- and so on...
Got any ideas to add? Share in the comment section below.
From Photojojo, liquid drops that magically make smoke appear! The Italian made Vapour Effect kit contains two bottles: simply combine elixir A with elixir B, and you'll have instant smoke for anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. The creative possibilities are endless for staging super cool photos.
For instructions on how to use the product, check out this tutorial.
Make something spooky...
...or fake something steamy:
- Follow WonderHowTo on Twitter.
- Post your scariest shot to the Giveaway Tuesdays Corkboard. That's ONE photo per person, please, and the photo MUST be taken by you. No stealing.
- We will select and announce one winner at 8:30 am PST on Tuesday, November 1st.
All entries must be in by Halloween! That's Monday, October 31st, 11:59pm PST. Standard rules apply. Post any questions below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.