Giveaway Tuesdays has officially ended! But don't sweat it, WonderHowTo has another World that's taken its place. Every Tuesday, Phone Snap! invites you to show off your cell phone photography skills.
Submit your best shot to our weekly competition for a chance to win an awesome prize. Phoneographers only—both Android and iPhone welcome! Check it out now.
This week's Giveaway Tuesday Photo Challenge is for Mac users with an eye for vivid color. Dig up and submit your most vibrant colored photograph, whether it's awash in a single monochrome, takes advantage of complimentary colors, or draws attention to the subject by using selective colors—it doesn't matter, as long as it utilizes color as the most striking element of the image.
You can use a photo from any device—manual, digital camera or smartphone—along with any software or filter app to create colorful effects. Below are a few examples of images that would be applicable submissions.
This photo by flickr user sarsifa makes good use of complimentary colors:
Flickr user Sergiu Bacioiu captures the beauty of dewy grass in a monochromatic green:
Flickr user Steve-h's A Gleam in His Eye is rich with a spectrum of beautiful colors:
Lastly, this photo (by yours truly) uses selective color techniques:
Good news! This week we will choose five lucky winners, and what's more, each winner will receive 5 copies of MacPhun's Color Splash Studio, normally available in the Mac App Store for $9.99 each. With 5 copies, you and four of your friends can start playing with your photos using selective colors.
Color Splash Studio lets you work with practically all image types up to 32 megapixels resolution, even RAW formats. You can also share your finished photo with most popular social networks.
I'm a novice when it comes to making monochromatic images, but in just a few minutes I got the hang of it. Below is my first go at it. Pretty good for just a couple minutes.
You can keep up to date on Color Splash Studio and more of MacPhun's photo apps on Twitter, as well as check out some Color Splash user pics on Flickr. And remember, this app is for Mac only. Each winner will receive a link to download the program, along with five codes.
- Follow WonderHowTo and FX Photo Studio on Twitter.
- Post your best color shot to the Giveaway Tuesdays Corkboard. That's ONE photo per person, please. The photo must be taken by you.
- Tweet your submission using the Twitter button on your entry page.
- We will select and announce FIVE winners at 8:30 am PST on Tuesday, October 25th.
All entries must be in by Monday, October 24th, 11:59pm PST. Standard rules apply. Post any questions below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades