Giveaway Tuesdays has officially ended! But don't sweat it, WonderHowTo has another World that's taken its place. Every Tuesday, Phone Snap! invites you to show off your cell phone photography skills.
Submit your best shot to our weekly competition for a chance to win an awesome prize. Phoneographers only—both Android and iPhone welcome! Check it out now.
This week's Giveaway Tuesdays Photo Challenge is about insect photography, a subject generally captured through a macro lens. Whether you opt for pricey equipment, a clever hack or an iPhone app, the internet is full of articles and videos on the topic. We've compiled a brief link round-up to get you started:
- WonderHowTo has a selection of videos ranging from beginner to intermediate; start digging through the library here.
- As mentioned above, you can turn your cell phone into a macro camera by using an app, or jury-rigging a lens. For an insect-specific macro app, try The Macro Bug. For more hardware hacks, check out the Strobist's $10 DIY Photo Macro Studio, or Kipkay's Pringles can macro lens project.
- For some beginner tips and guides, check out Digital Photography School (1, 2), Shutter Freaks, or photo.net.
- For insect-specific macro guides, check out Mark Plonsky's detailed presentation over at Photo.net, the Flying Kiwi Bug Macro Guide, photographer Frank H. Phillips' informative article, or Captain's European Butterfly and Photography Guide.
- Last but not least, for a brief visual foray into the field, watch photographer Thomas Shahan's video. Scroll below to see some of his incredible work!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.